Sunday, October 16, 2022

Let's get back to work! - I have a problem.

I haven't blogged in a long while.  I need to get back to this.  Today seems like a good day!

Today I have a problem.  This problem will not just go away in time so I am in need of input.  I'm going to tell you all about it.  

To start out I should tell you I'm fat, not phat, there is nothing clever about what hangs off  me, I am the very obese kind of fat.  Some of the problems my Doctors tell me I have is diabetes, COPD, SOOD, asthma, non-alcoholic liver disease(nash), some normal problems, high BP, high Cholesterol, IBS,.  The reason for my problems is either my weight or diabetes.  I retain an excess of water which causes me to breathe hard.  My weight keeps me from walking and exercising. Plus my hips and my back ... wow I get alot of pain from my hips and my back.  The veins in my legs, both legs, are bad and I see a new doctor for this soon.  On my legs in the front (each leg) I have a big purple area with blisters or ulcers.  Also in the back of each leg down by my Achilles tendon I have blisters or ulcers.    I have been told these are diabetic ulcers and they should be tended to.  This means a procedure on each leg.  My GI doctor has told me that my legs will not heal good and quickly, unless I lose weight.  He referred me to a bariatric clinic even though I told him my medical insurance will not cover this procedure.

Cecil and I talked and he agrees with the doctor, I do need some weight loss help.  It's just not happening but I am trying to lose weight on my own.  I've even tried some exercise.   My sister, Mona, works with the elderly and the disabled.  She has an exercise class where everyone is sitting.   I have sat in on this class.  She does work us hard.  I think she works every part of my body, even my fingers and my feet.  Pick up the feet then put your feet down.   One at a time. That is a problem.  I can not pick up my feet.  I do try.  Cecil and I also do water aerobics at a convalescent home.  Billie Jo is one of the instructors and a very good friend of ours.

Now that you know I have tried to lose some weight.  To start the process.  If I could just lose a few pounds on my own but noooooooo.   So I need help.  the Sleeve maybe or the band.   Not a tremendous amount of cutting on me please.  So I talked to the one in charge at the Bariatric clinic and let her know my insurance will not cover Bariatric Surgery.  She gave me a dollar amount for the "sleeve".  i did gasp.  So did Cecil when I told him the amount.   $17,000.00  

We don't have 17K dollars.   This is way out of our price range.  So we need some ideas on either getting this "sleeve" or tips of losing weight.  Please help if you can.  You can leave a comment, an idea, or you can send me a message through facebook.  marcene bowman is how you will find me on facebook.

Did I mention that I fall now.


 - Marcene

No comments:

Post a Comment